Ο μόλις 16 χρονών Ισπανικής καταγωγής αθλητής Gil Gherardi Marino έχει αποδείξει πως είναι ένα από τα ανερχόμενα ταλέντα του Windsurfing στην κατηγορία του Wave. Mία από τις καλύτερες χρονιές του είναι το 2017 που κατέκτησε την 32η θέση στην παγκόσμια κατάταξη του επαγγελματικού πρωταθλήματος PWA.
Ο αθλητής έδωσε μια συνέντευξη η οποία δημοσιεύθηκε στην επίσημη ιστοσελίδα της οργάνωσης PWA στην οποία απαντά σε 10 διαφορετικές ερωτήσεις και την οποία σας παραθέτουμε παρακάτω.
Παρακάτω σας παραθέτουμε την συνέντευξη όπως δημοσιοποιήθηκε από την επίσημη ιστοσελίδα της οργάνωσης PWA:
1. Why are you so passionate about windsurfing?
Because it is a different type of sport, it is the sport that gives me the most adrenaline, and you are always connected with nature and that gives you a unique lifestyle to follow.
2. What quality do you like most in other people?
The constancy and perseverance, for me Braw [Marcilio Browne] is the most clear example of these two attributes.
3. What annoys or frustrates you the most?
Not achieving my goals by a scheduled date.
4. What do you most like in yourself?
The obsession of making everything, it gives me security and tranquility.
5. What do you dislike in yourself?
Sometimes I think I have too little patience.
6. What has been your best moment on tour?
When they told me that I was Youth World champ.
7. What has been your worst moment on tour?
I haven’t had a bad moment on tour, I have enjoyed every moment on tour because this is my passion.
8. Knowing what you know now, what advice would you have given yourself when your career started?
Don ́t be anxious and everything will arrive eventually.
9. What is the best advice you have ever been given?
Never change your way of being.
10. What would be your perfect day?
Big waves and wind for 3.4m in pozo!!!!!
11. Which living person do you most admire?
I don ́t really have one in particular, Braw has been a really good person with me giving a lot of tips, Ricardo [Campello] has also helped me a lot when I was smaller and he always makes it fun in and out of the water, also I think Victor [Fernandez] is one of the most constant and stylish out there, and I admire how Philip [Köster] has won all these titles at such a young age.
12. What is your greatest fear?
Getting injured and not being able to sail anymore.
13. What is your most treasured possession?
My family for sure they are always helping and supporting me.
14. If you weren’t a professional windsurfer, what would you like to be?
I don ́t really think about this, since I was small I’ve been thinking about being a professional windsurfer, but It would be something to do with sport.
15. Where is the best place you’ve been?
In the places that I have been for me right now is my home spot Pozo Izquierdo.
16. Where would you most like to go to that you haven’t been to yet?
Ufff there are a lot of places like South Africa, Australia, Peru, Chile etc.
17. Who would you most like to have as a dinner guest, dead or alive?
For sure Kai Lenny, he is one of my idols
18. First App you open in the morning?
From Monday to Friday instagram but on Saturday and Sunday windguru, to see where I can sail!!
19. Most visited website?
Windsurfing TV – I ́m always watching windsurf videos
20. A phrase you live by?
Go big or go home, hahaha I always try to go big!!!