Riccardo Marca (Fanatic / NorthSails):
– Before stepping up to the shaka you should be able to flaka as first it’s important to have the confidence with an upwind rotation.
– Possibly try this move in a choppy spot, it will help you to take off the first times.
– During the shaka move your head in the direction you want to turn.
– The sail has a lot of power in this move so you will have to learn how much pressure you have to put through your hands.
– Keep your legs stiff during the first “air-time” part of the move.
Sarah—Quita Offringa (Starboard / NeilPryde / Maui Ultra Fins):
-Try sailing in a straight line – reach – and all of a sudden carve upwind to launch off the chop. If you’re already sailing upwind before initiating the move you lose momentum and it becomes hard to land the shaka.
-As you carve up wind for the shove it, look over your shoulder really hard, lay your sail down and push the sail down with your front hand. Not as much with your back hand.
-Always lean your body weight toward the nose of the board. Actually kind of in between the the mast and the board. These are my top tips.”
Antoine Albert (Goya Windsurfing):
– Better know how to flaka as it’s kind of the same rotation.
– Better not be to powered up at the beginning, just good, because then the move is harder to control, and choose a stiff onshore piece of chop.
– Top tips -> Stay over the board, don’t throw yourself on the back. You have to give an energetic kick with your hip and throw the sail as far forward as you can (like a low wind stall, you know what I mean ? :p ) and then don’t forget to push with your front hand in the air to control the upwind position.
Oda Johanne (Starboard / Severne / Maui Ultra Fins):
“My shaka tips: Have a lot of speed, look for a chop and carve the board aggressively as you keep the speed and your body flying forwards (not too much upwind) with your backhand sheeted in and push down hard with your front arm. As soon as you are in the air push also hard on the backhand to fly longer. Look around in the direction you are going and enjoy the airtime!”
Για περισσότερες πληροφορίες σχετικά με το πρωτάθλημα μπορείτε να επισκεφθείτε την ιστοσελίδα τους στο ακόλουθο λινκ: www.pwaworldtour.com